Safe Zone educates JMU faculty, staff, and students about issues affecting lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, and questioning individuals (LGBTQIQ) and their loved ones.
ARE YOU IN THE ZONE?
* * * See the Memorial Page for Safe Zone co-ordinator, * * *
* * * Kate Kessler, who died Sunday, Jan 8th, 2012. * * *
- “Safe” on Campus?– Find out where Safe Zone members are located on campus.
- Why Safe Zone? – This section explains the importance of the Safe Zone program and its impact on individuals.
- Join the Safe Zone family! – We are always looking forward to enlarging our Safe Zone Family. This section highlights what being a Safe Zone member entails, as well as how to go about doing so.
- Safe Zone Events – In addition to training sessions, we coordinate special lunch bag series, receptions and special events throughout the year!
-Educate yourself! – This section consist of downloadable (pdf) fact sheets regarding different facets of the LGBT community and useful information worth knowing about to become an ally.
- Area LGBT Resources Safe Zone is but one organization on campus and in the area which exists to support the LGBT community...
- Web Links – This section contains useful LGBT web related links.
What can Safe Zone
If you have any questions, comments and/or concerns feel free to contact one of us:
Jeremy Hawkins, University Unions
Thomas Lavenir, Office of International Programs
Kate Kessler Writing and Rhetoric Studies ~ ~ See Memorial Page ~ ~
Amy Serino, Residence Life
Bethany Bryson, Sociology
Sarah Hogg, Madison Equality