This module contains information on understanding your transfer credit report and how to appeal transfer credit. Your transfer credit report can be found in your Student Center in MyMadison

Courses listed on the transfer credit report are those that appear on your academic transcripts from previous institutions that are eligible for transfer credit.  If you have questions about your transfer credit report, contact the Office of the Registrar.  

If you are a student transferring credit from an institution outside of the United States, please visit our website for information on how to obtain International Transfer Credit

For a list of the current General Education Program course codes and titles, go to the General Education Planner.

Reviewing Your Transfer Credit Report (PDF)


Appealing for JMU Transfer Credit

You may make an appeal for specific JMU course credit if you received elective credit for a course taken at your previous institution.  Courses on your transfer credit report designated with 000 have been accepted as elective credit.  It is important to keep in mind that an appeal is not automatically approved and is at the discretion of the specific academic program unit head.

You can make an appeal for JMU course credit any time after you have been admitted and paid your tuition deposit to the university by submitting the Transfer Credit Re-evaluation form to the Office of the Registrar. Please note that you will need to include the course syllabus. The earlier you make your appeal, the sooner you will know which graduation requirements you need to fulfill. 


Back to Top