Minors in physics may come from any other discipline. To complete a minor, students must pass either PHYS 240 & 250 or PHYS 140 & 150 and the lab that goes with these courses. This lab could either be PHYS 140L and 150L or the PHYS 247 course taken typically by physics majors. The student must then pass PHYS 260 and 10 credits of course work above PHYS 260 for a total of 22 credits.

If you are interested in a physics minor, it is important to talk to the department head as early as possible so that you will be included in any communications about special topics courses or other offerings that may be of interest.

Back to Top