Available through CAP for one year after graduation:
JMU alumni have access to all of the services and programs that Career & Academic Planning provides current students.
Available through CAP beyond one year:
JMU alumni may utilize Career & Academic Planning’s online resources, such as:
- Recruit-A-Duke for job and internship postings
- InterviewStream for online practice interviews
- FOCUS for career guidance and self-assessment
- Vault for researching career fields and job titles
- Website content about the job and internship search process and the graduate school application process.
However, appointments, practice interviews, and on-campus recruiting activities are not available because the staff in Career & Academic Planning is focused on working with current students and recent graduates.
Offered by JMU Alumni Association
Check out the JMU Alumni Association website to learn about their Career & Networking resources, including:
- Networking events
- Career Resources
- JMU Love (an opportunity to help current students in their career journey by volunteering to serve on a career panel, review resumes, host a site visit at your workplace, or meet with students for an informational interview about your profession)
Career counseling professionals
Alumni may contact a career counselor or coach who has the training and expertise to assist established professionals with their job search, career changes, and professional development needs.
To identify career counselors or coaches around the country, utilize the National Career Development Association’s Find a Counselor website. Ones that we know of in the Harrisonburg, Virginia are DeNoble University Counseling Services, Harrisonburg Career Coaching, and Career View.