Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to enhance student learning and meet departmental student employment needs by providing meaningful work experiences.
The Student Employment Office is located on the 5th floor of the Student Success Center.
- Part-time Student Employment Job Fair The Student Employment Office is hosting the Annual Part time Job Fair! On September 6th 20016 On and Off Campus employers will be gathered in the Festival Ball Room from 1:30-4:30 to meet YOU!
- Click here to view the 2016-2017 Student Employee Handbook
- JOB SCAM If you applied or contacted "Mary Kennedy" on our Summer Jobs board please do not give any information or send any money this is a Job Scam! The position has been removed from JMU's Summer Job board.
- Summer Jobs are being posted! Please go to Summer Jobs at the left hand side of this page to view current summer job postings.
- ATTENTION STUDENTS: We have been notified of various emails being sent to new, incoming students regarding employment opportunities. Please check our website first for employers/families who are registered with us to post for off campus jobs. On- campus jobs are posted on Job link or through one of the affiliates on campus (E-Follett, JMU Post Office, Aramark). Please view here for the job posting disclaimer and what you need to know to avoid potential job scams.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for The Student Employment Annual Part time Job Fair! On September 6th 20016 Reserve your table TODAY. Meet potential student employees in the Festival Ball Room from 1:30-4:30.
Click here to view the 2016-2017 Supervisor Handbook for Student Employees
The Electronic I9 is now available! Departments will need to help new student employees complete Section 1 of the Electronic I9 only. The paper I9 form and the On-board form will no longer be accepted. Instructional Video
Note: The Checklist for Supervisors of Transferring or Separating Employees needs to be completed for any transfering or separating student employee. All departments MUST complete the Checklist if a student employee is leaving your department or going on break over the summer.
- REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for The Student Employment Annual Part time Job Fair! On September 6th 20016 Reserve your table TODAY. Meet potential student employees in the Festival Ball Room from 1:30-4:30.
- Save the date The Student Employment Office is hosting the Annual Part time Job Fair! On September 6th 20016 Reserve your table begining August 1st. Meet potential student employees in the Festival Ball Room from 1:30-4:30.
- Please read guidelines to post positions with our office here before completing posting form.
- To post a part-time job on our website for free, please fill out this form.
- To remove a part-time job posted on our website, please fill out this form.
Please note: The Student Employment Office will follow-up with anyone desiring to post any childcare, babysitting, or personal assistant or related position before a decision is made whether or not to post the position on our job posting site.
Stay up to date... Join our Facebook Page, JMU Student Employment