Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to enhance student learning and meet departmental student employment needs by providing meaningful work experiences.
The Student Work Experience Center is located on the 5th floor of the new Student Success Center.
- Summer Jobs are now available! Positions in and around the Harrisonburg area are being posted daily. Get your summer job now!
- Warrning! TBZ Digital Marketing position is a scam! The posting has been removed from the Summer job announcements. If you have aplied for this position DO NOT cash the checks. For more information please contact The Student Work Experience Office.
- Looking for part time employment? Check out JobLink for On Campus job announcements or the link to the left for Off-Campus or Summer Jobs!
- ATTENTION STUDENTS: We have been notified of various emails being sent to new, incoming students regarding employment opportunities. Please check our website first for employers/families who are registered with us to post for off campus jobs. On- campus jobs are posted on Job link or through one of the affiliates on campus (E-Follett, JMU Post Office, Aramark). Please view here for the job posting disclaimer and what you need to know to avoid potential job scams.
- Click here to view the 2014-2015 Student Employee Handbook
- Note: The Checklist for Supervisors of Transferring or Separating Employees needs to be completed for any transfering or separating student employee. All departments MUST complete the Checklist if a student employee is leaving your department or going on break over the summer.
- Note: The 2015 W-4 Form has been updated. Any new hire Student Employee starting on or after 1/1/2015 MUST use the 2015 W-4 Form.
- Effective immediately, please discontinue using all other versions of the PAR form and only use the June 2014 version.
- Reminder- If you have student employees whose contract has ended, or will end and will no longer be working for you or your department, please remember to remove their access from any Peoplesoft System (HRMS, SA, Finance, etc.). Please complete the IS Access Request Form to remove access.
- Click here to view the 2014-2015 Supervisor Handbook for Student Employees
- Please read guidelines to post positions with our office here before completing posting form.
- To post a part-time job on our website for free, please fill out this form.
- To remove a part-time job posted on our website, please fill out this form.
Please note: The Student Work Experience Center will follow-up with anyone desiring to post any childcare, babysitting, or personal assistant or related position before a decision is made whether or not to post the position on our job posting site.
Stay up to date... Join our Facebook Page, JMU Student Employment