Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to enhance student learning and meet departmental student employment needs by providing meaningful work experiences.
The Student Employment Office is located on the 5th floor of the Student Success Center.
- Click here to view the 2016-2017 Student Employee Handbook
- ATTENTION STUDENTS: We have been notified of various emails being sent to new, incoming students regarding employment opportunities. Please check our website first for employers/families who are registered with us to post for off campus jobs. On- campus jobs are posted on Job link or through one of the affiliates on campus (E-Follett, JMU Post Office, Aramark). Please view here for the job posting disclaimer and what you need to know to avoid potential job scams.
Nominate your OUTSTANDING Student Employee for JMU's Student Employee of the Year. Please send Nomination forms. to email@example.com by 5pm on Feb. 15, 2017.
A revised Background Check Form is availaible.
As of Jan. 9th International student employees will complete Section 1 of the I9 form with their department and Section 2 of the I9 form will be completed with Student Employment. Click here for more details.
The 2017 W-4 are now available. All new hire student employees will need to complete the 2017 W-4.
Click here to view the 2016-2017 Supervisor Handbook for Student Employees
Note: The Checklist for Supervisors of Transferring or Separating Employees needs to be completed for any transfering or separating student employee. All departments MUST complete the Checklist if a student employee is leaving your department or going on break over the summer.
- Please read guidelines to post positions with our office here before completing posting form.
- To post a part-time job on our website for free, please fill out this form.
- To remove a part-time job posted on our website, please fill out this form.
Please note: The Student Employment Office will follow-up with anyone desiring to post any childcare, babysitting, or personal assistant or related position before a decision is made whether or not to post the position on our job posting site.
Stay up to date... Join our Facebook Page, JMU Student Employment