VCCS - JMU Course Equivalents
(effective for the 2014-2015 academic year and subject to change at the discretion of the academic unit)
Students who are interested in a particular major are encouraged to refer to the appropriate section of the JMU Undergraduate Catalog for course selection.
A comma between VCCS course numbers indicates JMU credit will be awarded for either or both semesters.
The word "and" between VCCS course numbers indicates JMU credit will be awarded only for completion of the VCCS sequence.
The Applied Science degree does NOT waive General Education at JMU because it is considered a vocational degree.
Topics courses are not automatically approved, but may be accepted for credit pending course description and syllabus review and approval by the applicable academic unit.
Click on one of the below links for more information. These are .pdf files.
- Administration of Justice
- American Sign Language
- Business Management & Administration
- Communication Studies & Theatre
- Computer Science
- Electronics Technology
- Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Technology
- Environmental Science
- Geography and Geographic Information Systems
- Health Information Management
- Hotel Restaurant Institutional Management
- Human Services
- Industrial Engineering Technology
- Information Technology Database Processing
- Information Technology Essentials
- Information Technology Networking
- Information Technology Programming
- Interior Design
- Legal Administration
- Marine Science
- Military Sciences
- Natural Science
- Physical Education & Recreation
- Political Science
- Social Science
- Student Development
- Telecommunications Management