Application DeadlineApplicants who apply prior to April 1 will be given first consideration.
Program Beginsfall, spring
Degree(s) OfferedMaster of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.)
GRE General Test or Miller Analogy Test
International Requirements - Foreign school graduate:Pass CGFNS Exam, R.N. License, TOEFL (Paper: 570 or higher, Electronic: 88 or higher)
- Application fee
- Official scores
Transcripts of all previous academic work at the undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) level.
Applicants must upload unofficial copies of their transcripts and if admitted, all transcripts will be verified by the Graduate School. Applicants who previously attended James Madison University still need to upload an unofficial transcript, but do not need to provide official transcripts for verification.
Required by Program
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Personal education/professional goals statement
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one from someone that has evaluated applicant’s work (faculty, employee)
- Applicants should also hold a Bachelor of Science with a cumulative GPA of 2.8, hold a current Registered Nurse license, have relevant clinical nursing experience, health documentation & CPR certification, and have taken 3 credit undergraduate courses in statistics and health assessment with a grade of "C" or higher.
- Meet the department’s disability accommodation
- Complete an interview upon request