Nursing - M.S.N.
The Nursing program accepts application on a rolling basis. Completed applications should be received at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester in which the student intends to enroll.
If applying for the Family Nurse Practitioner program, there is a deadline of April 1 for fall and October 1 for spring.
Program Beginsfall, spring
International applicants will upload a credential evaluation of their non-U.S. college or university transcripts from one of the services listed at this link: Credential_Evaluation
GRE General Test or Miller Analogy Test
International Requirements - Foreign school graduated:Pass CGFNS Exam (both parts), apply for VA R.N. License, TOEFL (88 or higher)
- Application fee
- Official GRE or MAT scores
Transcripts of all previous academic work at the undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) level.
Applicants must upload unofficial copies of their transcripts and if admitted, all transcripts will be verified by the Graduate School. Applicants who previously attended James Madison University still need to upload an unofficial transcript, but do not need to provide official transcripts for verification.
Required by Program
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Personal education/professional goals statement
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one from someone that has evaluated applicant’s work (faculty, employee)
- Applicants should also hold a Bachelor of Science with a cumulative GPA of 2.8, hold a current Registered Nurse license, have relevant clinical nursing experience, health documentation & CPR certification, and have taken 3 credit undergraduate courses in statistics with a grade of "C" or higher.
- Meet the department’s disability accommodation
- Complete an interview upon request