Feature Image

Undergraduate EXED Minor in Exceptional Education

The undergraduate EXED minor is designed for students in programs outside of the Educational Foundations & Exceptionalities Department (e.g. Communication Sciences Disorders, Psychology, Health Sciences, Kinesiology, Social Work, Elementary Education, Secondary Education, etc.) who desire to learn more about persons with disabilities. 

The minor is not an endorsement or license for working with special education students.

It is highly recommended to start the minor prior to Spring of your Junior year in order to have time to complete the requirements.

Steps to Declare EXED Minor

Watch the video that explains the minor and the courses associated to it.

Download the forms (either Word or pdf) to your computer, complete these forms and return to the below email address:

Return completed forms to ward3sp@jmu.edu

If all is in order with these forms your pending Declaration in SA will be approved.

NOTE:  Whether you have already declared a major or minor, this EXED minor will also have to be declared in SA and approved before you will be officially in the minor.

Program Advisor

Back to Top