12th annual Colonial Academic Alliance (CAA) Undergraduate Research Conference
Dates to be announced
- The conference brings together student representatives from the 12 Colonial Academic Alliance (CAA) institutions to present their scholarly and research endeavors to a gathering of their peers.
- The conference is an opportunity for students to share their work with their peers in a professional setting.
- Participants will represent an array of disciplines from the traditional sciences to the humanities, fine arts, social sciences, and professional schools.
- Attendees will also have opportunities to hear a high-profile keynote speaker and to gather information about graduate school admission and career preparation.
The 12th Annual Colonial Academic Alliance
The deadline for JMU internal applications for students to attend the 2014 Colonial Academic Alliance (CAA) Conference is NOON, Friday, October 11, 2013.
There are two steps involved in the application process.
- First, interested candidates must apply to represent JMU (electronically).
- Then, if accepted, representatives apply to CAA through submission of the on-line abstract for acceptance.
- The students accepted to the conference will travel as a group. Travel arrangements for the conference will be coordinated and those who are selected will be notified by email regarding the travel plans.
JMU's Internal CAA Applications must be submitted to email@example.com
by Noon, Friday, October 11, 2013
For consideration to represent JMU at the CAA conference, each applicant must fully complete and submit application materials adhering to all deadlines.NEW ELECTRONIC PROCESS: To aid in the application process, JMU internal CAA applications are available through the Sponsored Programs website in Word format. Please click on the link below for instructions and to access the application.
Please note the first phase of the internal application process is completed online. In order to be considered to represent JMU at the conference you must follow the instructions listed and submit your application packet electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of Noon, Friday, October 11, 2013.
The faculty advisor should return the signed printed copy of the Faculty Advisor Form (Letter of Support) directly to the Office of Sponsored Programs Administration (MSC 5728) no later than Noon, Friday, October 11, 2013. In addition, advisors should be involved in the finalization of all abstracts prior to the online submission.
Note: Meeting this deadline enables the Undergraduate Research Selection Committee to review the applications and select students to represent JMU. Those candidates selected by JMU must then register with CAA in time for the external registration deadline. Once selected internally to represent JMU, students then move on to the second step (Step 2).
Final Application to attend CAA
Due: Date to be announced.
Students selected by the JMU Selection Committee to attend CAA will be contacted by email after the initial application process and are required to submit their electronic abstract and other applicable information online to complete the CAA requirements to attend the conference.
Only the primary presenter should submit the abstract for consideration on behalf of his or her team or group.
Students must complete a brief external application process when submitting the application to CAA, so please allow an extra 10-20 minutes to complete.
Upon notification from CAA of acceptance to attend the conference, contact email@example.com for instructions regarding the final registration process.
Dates to be announced
2012 CAA Conference: http://www.jmu.edu/news/madisonscholar/2012CAA-Students.shtml