Like us on Facebook!
Dropping a class after the drop deadline will result in a 'W' on the transcript and applicable tuition charges.
Fall 2014 Enrollment
Dates and Deadlines
Printable Dates and Deadlines
Spring 2015 Enrollment
Dates and Deadlines
- James Madison University only releases official transcripts.
- Transcripts are processed free of charge.
- All transcript requests must be placed through our NSC online order system.
- All transcripts are processed within five business days of the receipt of the order.
- The National Student Clearinghouse website is accessible through Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer (IE). You may experience compatibility issues using other browsers.
Request My Transcript:
Request Transcripts through MyMadison
IMPORTANT BEFORE ORDERING: Please verify that your degree conferral and/or semester grades have been posted through MyMadison.
Request transcripts through National Student Clearinghouse(no login required)
IMPORTANT BEFORE ORDERING: If you attended prior to fall 1995, you will order your transcript through the online ordering system but your student record is in a format that is not compatible with electronic delivery. You will need to select either the pickup or mail delivery option.
Important Transcript Information/Options:
- Document Attachments: Only approved attachments will be sent with transcripts. If your document is not required for transcript processing, the attachment will not be sent. (Example of approved forms: LSAC, AMCAS, Professional Certification Form, UPS Label). To Attach: Scan and save your document as a PDF. Upload PDF when you request transcript on National Student Clearinghouse website.
- Electronic Transcripts: Any student who has attended JMU since Fall1995 may request a transcript be sent electronically. Before ordering, contact the recipient to determine if they will accept an electronic transcript in their email.
- If you attended JMU at any time prior to Fall 1995, your student record is in a format that is not compatible with electronic delivery.
- Expedited Transcript Shipping Options: To reduce transcript shipping time, your only option is to privately purchase a UPS Label by visiting www.ups.com. Please contact UPS directly if you have questions about filling out your label or payment options. The UPS Label can be submitted along with our transcript request form by uploading the label as an attachment (See Document Attachments).
- Be advised: Pursuing this option does NOT reduce processing time. All transcripts are processed within five business days.
- Apostille Seal: To obtain transcripts for the Apostille Seal, please complete the online request form via NSC. You will need to upload a document on the second page of the online request form, asking the transcript be prepared for the Apostille Seal. The Office of the Registrar will take the necessary steps to prepare the transcript and return it to you for your Apostille Seal application.
- Privacy Concerns: The National Student Clearinghouse is a third party vendor that is used to collect transcript order information. They deliver the order information to JMU, where we will verify a student’s identity using the information supplied. The Clearinghouse does not capture the social security number (SSN) for transcript request purposes. Your academic record travels through the third party vendor only if you request an electronic transcript. The transcript is sent using a secure server and is protected behind a secure site accessible only by the intended recipients who must authenticate their identity with a username and password.
The information that is collected through the online request is used for fulfilling your transcript request only. It will not be used for any other purposes, unless you indicate so.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any additional questions, please call the office at (540) 568-6281.