Skip to Main Content


You are in the main content

Re-entry to the University

Submit the Intent to Enroll Form to the Office of the Registrar if you meet all of the following criteria:

  1.  You are an undergraduate student
  2. You have at least one graded (including withdrawals) semester at JMU.
  3. You left JMU in good standing with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
  4. Less than two years have passed since your last graded (including withdrawals) semester.

The form can be submitted to our office via email, fax, mail, or in-person delivery:

JMU Office of the Registrar
Student Success Center, Room 5300
738 South Mason Street - MSC 3528
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
(540) 568-5615 (fax)

(Handwritten signatures only, electronic signatures will not be accepted.)

Visit this website for the re-entry process through the Office of Academic Student Services if you meet any of the following criteria:

  1. You left JMU on academic suspension or your cumulative GPA was below 2.0.
  2. More than two years have passed since your last graded (including withdrawals) semester.

Intent to Enroll Deadlines:

Fall Semester:             July 1
Spring Semester:         November 1
Summer Sessions:       April 1

For more information on undergraduate reentry, please consult the Undergraduate Catalog:

Are you pursuing a Graduate or Doctoral degree?

Please contact The Graduate School for information.

Have you completed a bachelor's degree?

JMU no longer allows students to pursue a second bachelor's degree after the completion of a first bachelor's degree.  If you wish to take classes as a non-degree seeking student, please contact Outreach and Engagement.