Media & News
Connect with UREC on Social Media:
- Facebook - UREC
- Facebook - Sport Clubs
- Facebook - Adventure
- Twitter - UREC
- Twitter - Facility Alerts
- Flickr - UREC Images
- Instagram - UREC
- YouTube - UREC
If you are a media representative interested in covering a UREC program, facility, or person, please contact Kristin Gibson as your first step. We ask that media requests be made 24 hours in advance.
Photography and Videography Requests:
All photography and videography requests should be directed to Kristin Gibson or the Operation Supervisor on duty. We assess each request individually, basing our decision on keeping the safety and privacy of UREC participants our first priority.
- must have verbal approval of any participants that may be in my photo or video before proceeding.
- must not engage in photographs that may be a safety risk to themselves or other participants.
- must not interrupt the experience of any participant (for example, if they are taking photos of a group fitness class, they must arrive 15 minutes early and speak with the instructor and participants).
- must not take any photos or video in a bathroom, locker room or personal space.
- must not solicit interviews with UREC participants unless they know the participant.
Flyer and Digital Signage Requests:
Because our mission is to promote and advance healthy lifestyles and there is limited space to display external advertising, we do approve flyers for posting on our community boards (located on the first and third floors of UREC) and our digital signs (both located near the UREC Welcome Center).
- Flyers: Please drop off two flyers at the Welcome Center and allow at least two business days for your flyers to be posted. All flyers must be stamped by University Unions.
- Digital Signage: Please email a JPG (1920 x 1080 pixels) of your design to Kristin Gibson for approval and uploading. Allow at least one week for information to be uploaded.
We will notify you as soon as possible if your flyer does not meet UREC's visual standards or align with our mission and departmental values. Questions? Contact Kristin Gibson.
Local Business Advertising Opportunities:
The UREC facility averages over 4000 participants a day during the Fall and Spring semesters. If you are interested in advertising at our facilities or at special events, please contact Kristin Gibson. UREC reserves the right to deny advertising requests that do not align with our mission and departmental values.