1. “Nap now or forever hold your peace.” –Kelly Sykes, Class of 2014
2. Like the Facebook page for JMU Future Social Studies Educators and get involved.
3. Realize that you will be in debt until you’re forty. Make peace with this early.
4. Get used to acronyms. FYI, acronyms will become part of your daily vocabulary.
5. Keep a list of fun and weird ideas for your classroom. This may make you a nerd, but your life will be so much easier later.
6. “Invest in dining dollars for coffee.” – Taylor Irish, Class of 2013
7. Your classmates are your new BFFs; you’ll never get through it alone.
8. One bad grade won’t ruin your life. Get over yourself.
9. Planners only cost $10 at Target but at least you save your sanity.
10. Club Carrier is not an actual dance club… but Carrier Library does stay open until 2 A.M.