Satisfactory Academic Progress

Federal regulations require each institution to have a Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy, which establishes the minimum standards that must be applied consistently to all students.  We developed this online estimator to help undergraduate students determine whether their academic progress meets the requirements to receive financial aid.   For more information, please review the JMU SAP policy at http://www.jmu.edu/finaid/sap.shtml.

You can obtain credit hour and GPA information from your transcript, which appears under the "Academic" tab in your eCampus account. To determine your SAP status, complete the credit hours worksheet and use the links provided for assistance.

NOTE: The SAP Estimator will not work for students using the Transfer Equivalent option. Contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships for assistance.

If you click on the credit hour description and the expanded definition does not appear, you may need to disable your browser's Pop-Up blocker.

Credit Hour Worksheet
 JMU Attempted NOTE:  Follow the links provided for information on how to find the hours required to complete this form.
 Cumulative Hours Earned
 Credit or No Credit (CR,NC)
 Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory (S,U)
Repeat Forgiveness (RF) 
Withdrawal (W, WF, WP)
Incomplete (I)
Advanced Placement (AP) Test Credit
  International Baccalaureate (IB) Test Credit
Credit by Dept Exam or CLEP
Cumulative JMU GPA

Satisfactory Academic Progress Estimate
This estimate of SAP compliance is based on the information you provided.  For a description of satisfactory academic requirements and information about how your academic performance affects your eligibility for financial aid, review our SAP Policy.
Credit Hour Summary
  Attempted-GPA Attempted-Pace/Maximum Time Earned
 JMU Attempted Hours
 Transfer (including Dual Enrollment)
 Credit or No Credit (CR,NC)
 Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory (S,U)
Repeat Forgiveness (RF)
 Withdrawal (W, WF, WP)
 Incomplete (I)
 Advanced Placement (AP)
 International Baccalaureate (IB)
 Credit by Dept Exam or CLEP
Academic Progress Summary
   Actual Required SAP Status
Maximum Time
Grade Point Average
Overall SAP Status
  If your SAP status is "Unsatisfactory", you cannot receive financial aid. However, an appeal option is available. Learn more by reviewing JMU's SAP Policy.