- May 11: Scholarly Writers' Bootcamps (Lockdown)
- May 11: Integrating Service Learning Experiences into Your Course (Institute)
- May 11: Logic and Reasoning (Institute)
- May 11: Critical Thinking and Test Item Writing (Workshop)
- May 11: The Engaged Learning Collaboratory
- May 12: May Symposium Conference Day Tuesday
- May 12: Core Introduction to the Eight Key Questions (Workshop)
- May 13: Grant Writing Institute (May Symposium)
- May 13: May Symposium Conference Day Wednesday
- May 14: Assessing Ethical Reasoning Skills (Workshop)
- May 14: Building Signature Assignments (Workshop)
- May 14: Digital Humanities and You: Join the Conversation (Roundtable)
Register soon for CFI's Ninth annual May Symposium, May 11-15. Schedule of events, sessions and institutes has been posted and registration is now open. Go to jmu.edu/maysymposium.
Call for Faculty Associate - Teaching Area. Applications are now being accepted for a Faculty Associate – Teaching Area position in CFI. Ideal characteristics: knowledge of evidence-based pedagogies, awareness of trends and innovations in teaching and learning, ability to manage multiple tasks, and strong computer skills. Candidate selection will be in May, the position will begin officially in fall 2015. More information about the position and the application process. Materials submission date 4/30.
Writing Renewal Retreat. Engage in a three-day retreat with a community of faculty writers at Mountain Valley Retreat Center near Harrisonburg, VA. Applications are due by 5/04. Retreat will be from June 9-11. More information.