- Sep 4: Scholarly Writers' Lockdown
- Sep 7: Scholarly Writers' Lockdown
- Sep 10: Lightning in a Bottle: Transformative Classroom Management (Workshop)
- Sep 11: Scholarly Writers' Lockdown
- Sep 11: Lightning in a Bottle: Transformative Classroom Management (Workshop)
- Sep 14: Scholarly Writers' Lockdown
- Sep 18: Scholarly Writers' Lockdown
- Sep 21: Scholarly Writers' Lockdown
- Sep 23: Doing Engaged Community Scholarship Abroad (Roundtable)
- Sep 25: Scholarly Writers' Lockdown
- Sep 25: Are You Connected? Explore Community Engagement at IIHHS (Roundtable)
- Sep 28: Scholarly Writers' Lockdown
Click on title for more information.
Peer Orientation and Development Groups (PODs) give early career faculty a chance to meet new colleagues and work with an experienced faculty to explore academic culture at JMU. Meet monthly Sept-Dec on either Wed or Fri.
Writing Renewal Retreat for fall 2015. Engage in a three-day writing retreat with a community of faculty writers at Mountain Valley Retreat Center. Oct. 23-25, 2015. Apply by Sept. 9.
Transforming Self & Community. Join a scholarly community dedicated to advancing projects to sustainable transformation. Six Thursdays 9/24-11/19. Apply by Sept 14.
Finish Your Writing Project. This community offers time, space and guidance to advance a scholalry writing project. Four Mondays 10/5-11/16. Apply by Sept 18.
Teaching Analysis Polls (TAPS). The Teaching Analysis Poll is a mid-semester technique that provides instructors with rich and meaningful feedback from their students regarding the learning environment in a course.
An Introduction to Structural Equation Modeling (Workshop). Gain a general understanding of structural equation modeling (SEM) including the analysis process underlying all SEM techniques. Oct.9 at 12:30pm.
Take Your Professor to Lunch or Coffee (TPLC) Program. Opportunity for faculty with large classes to take a small group of students out to lunch or coffee. Sponsored by CFI and General Education.