The Center for Faculty innovation (CFI) respects the diversity of scholarship that JMU faculty engage in and seeks to be responsive to that diversity by offering inclusive, evidence-based enrichment opportunities. Scholarship Programs intend to create a vibrant, scholarly community engaged in mindful, scholarly pursuits, both individually and collectively. Programs are offered during the academic year and over the summer to meet the changing needs of faculty. The scholarship outcomes that follow are achieved through flexible and attuned programmatic offerings.
Scholarship programs are designed for faculty to make progress towards the following outcomes:
- Appreciating the diverse forms, purposes, and communication modes of scholarship in higher education,
- Enhancing scholarly productivity,
- Forming collaborative scholarly projects with students, faculty, & staff at JMU and other institutions,
- Advancing scholarly skills,
- Exploring & securing funding opportunities to support scholarly activities, and
- Practicing the integration of scholarship with teaching and other career aspirations.