The Campus Through the Years
The campus began in 1909 with two buildings – now called Jackson Hall and Maury Hall – that sat on farmland at the outer edge of Harrisonburg. Constant growth and expansion have been a hallmark for the campus ever since. Today, JMU extends over 650 acres of rolling Shenandoah Valley hills and includes more than 100 buildings. This section deals with the past, present and future of the ever-changing face of the University's campus.