Cross College Curriculum Committee
The Cross College Curriculum Committee was created in the Spring 2008, and is chaired by the Associate Vice Provost for Cross Disciplinary Studies. The purpose of this committee is to streamline the approval process for cross-college proposals. Once a curriculum proposal has been approved at the unit/department level, it will proceed to this composite college group, rather than having to traverse every individual college committee.
Who goes through the CCCC?
- All cross disciplinary majors without clear college affiliation (ADP, Engineering, IDLS)
- University-wide curriculum programs (Honors, General Education).
- Interdisciplinary courses without clear college affiliation.
- Graduate programs that span multiple colleges.
- Existing cross disciplinary minors that cross multiple colleges.
- New cross disciplinary majors or minors that cross more than two colleges.
- As the Associate Vice Provost works with new programs, she will, in consultation with the proposers, determine which review process will be most fair and efficient and assign a proposal manager for cross disciplinary proposals.
For a detailed description of how this committee works, click here