Programs and Requirements
- Look at courses and major requirements in the Undergraduate Catalog.
- Find admissions requirements and procedures in Major Snapshots.
- Learn the jobs obtained by recent graduates for each major in the Career Guide to JMU Majors.
- View a comprehensive list of Minors.
- Look at courses and minor requirements in the Undergraduate Catalog.
Pre-professional programs are optional. They prepare you to enter a certain type of graduate school. You still need a major in addition to a pre-professional designation.
Career Guide to JMU Majors
The Career Guide to JMU Majors provides a sampling of career options for each of the majors offered at JMU. The Career Guide also provides major specific information on internship opportunities, characteristics of successful students, and websites for further exploration of potential careers.
FOCUS: the Online Career Planning Program
FOCUS provides a self-paced, online format for exploring careers that could be compatible for you. You can save your information and come back as often as you like. We recommend you schedule an appointment with an academic or career advisor to help make meaning of your results.
Come to the CAP Resource Center to explore majors and careers as well as resources for conducting an internship, job, or graduate school search. Career educators, who are trained peer assistants, are available to assist you. You can also schedule a time to tour the Resource Center or browse our complete collection of books available in the Resource Center.