Schedule an Appointment
Current students may schedule appointments with Academic & Career Advisors to discuss careers, jobs, internships, graduate school, and majors. See the full list of appointment types below.
Alumni should visit the Career Services for Alumni web page to learn about consultation appointments with advisors and how to schedule.
Current students may schedule appointments the following ways:
- Call 540.568.6555.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with blocks of your availability for the next 2-3 business days.
- Visit the front desk of our office, located in Wilson 301.
- Online through Recruit-A-Duke.
For the username, please enter:
1st Time Resume and Cover Letter Reviews:
- Undergraduate students that have never had a resume or cover letter reviewed by staff in Career & Academic Planning.
Follow-Up Resume and Cover Leter Reviews:
- Undergraduate students that already had a resume or cover letter reviewed by staff in Career & Academic Planning.
- Graduate students that need their resume, curriculum vitae, or cover letter reviewed.
Job, Internship, Graduate and Professional School Searches:
- Steps and strategies for a successful job, internship, graduate or proferssional school search.
- Strategies and resources for conducting internship and job searches abroad. Utilize the Office of International Programs if you are interested in studying abroad.
- Interviewing and networking strategies.
- Ideas for personal statements and essays. Utilize the University Writing Center for developing a thesis; revising for coherence and organization; and editing for clarity and conciseness.
Career, Major, Minor, and Pre-Professional Program Exploration:
- Exploring your skills, values, personality, and interests, and how they relate to majors, minors, pre-professional programs, and careers.
- Evaluating your academic options and choosing/changing your major, minor, or pre-professional program.
- Evaluating your career options based on your academic program and experiences.
Meet with my CAP Academic Advisor:
- Students whose assigned academic advisor works in Career & Academic Planning. You can double-check who your assigned academic advisor is in the Student Center of MyMadison.