Graduate Snapshot - Education: Middle School Education
Description of Program:
The mission of the middle school education M.A.T. program is to prepare highly qualified professionals for educational roles in middle schools through advanced coursework and field experiences.
These school professionals will:
- Design and deliver curricula that effectively impact student learning.
- Integrate technology in learning settings.
- Value diversity of faculty and students in the school.
- Collaborate with colleagues, parents and others
- Be reflective practitioners who continually evaluate their actions.
- Value lifelong learning, engage in professional development and conduct educational research.
The Master of Arts in Teaching in middle school education is designed to lead to initial teacher licensure with endorsements in two content areas. The fifth-year format forms the last phase of the five-year teacher licensure programs. This format is designed to serve candidates who have completed the appropriate prerequisite requirements in an undergraduate education program at JMU. Candidates should check with their adviser frequently to be apprised of changes in the offerings and requirements listed that may affect them.
Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.)
Concentration: Middle School Education (Grades 6-8)
Program Website: http://www.jmu.edu/coe/msme/
Catalog Website: http://www.jmu.edu/gradcatalog/13/programs/msme.html#middle
Application Requirements: http://www.jmu.edu/grad/programs/all-programs/education-middle.shtml