Graduate Snapshot - Education: Early Childhood Education M.A.T.
Description of Program:
The mission of the ECED M.A.T. is to prepare professional early childhood teachers who provide developmentally appropriate programming for children in educational settings. Candidates are prepared to:
- Make effective decisions about curriculum and instructional methods based on an understanding of the whole child, child development theory and research on best practices.
- Interact and communicate effectively with young children.
- Assess children's growth and development using multiple data sources.
- Communicate effectively and work cooperatively with parents/families, school personnel and the broader community.
- Engage other professionals, colleagues and administrators in support of children as members of a learning community.
Candidates in the program are expected to demonstrate commitment to their own professional growth and development; to follow standards of ethical professional behavior and practice; to advocate on behalf of all children, their families and early childhood education; and to become educational leaders.
Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.)
Early Childhood Education (PreK-3)
Program Website: http://www.jmu.edu/coe/eere/
Catalog Website: http://www.jmu.edu/gradcatalog/15/masters/education-eere.shtml
Application Requirements: http://www.jmu.edu/grad/programs/all-programs/education-early-childhood-education-mat.shtml