JMU Transportation serves as a portal for information, news, and updates on the transportation system for the JMU and Harrisonburg community at-large. Here you will find information and resources for getting to/from and around campus, the City of Harrisonburg, the region, and beyond.
JMU offers a variety of services and programs aimed at encouraging alternative forms of transportation:
- Transit bus service throughout campus and the City provided by the Harrisonburg Department of Public Transportation (HDPT).
- Vanpools for employees commuting to/from campus.
- Ridesharing programs (Zimride) enabling students and employees to connect to others on campus to share rides to work, home, or other destinations.
- Car sharing (Zipcar) for local and long distance travel using rental cars.
- Charter Buses for weekend and university break travel.
For specific questions, use our Contact page to submit a question or reach out to a member of the JMU Transportation team.
Master plan continues paving the road to progress
Projects from the JMU Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan, completed in April of last year, continue to be implemented across campus... ... Read More >
Better Together: JMU and City of Harrisonburg Collaborate to Make Bicycle and Pedestrian Improvements
Construction continues on the Bluestone Trail¿a shared use greenway that offers safer passage for bicyclists and pedestrians through ... Read More >
- More >