JMU Transportation serves as a portal for information, news, and updates on the transportation system for the JMU and Harrisonburg community at-large. Here you will find information and resources for getting to/from and around campus, the City of Harrisonburg, the region, and beyond.
JMU offers a variety of services and programs aimed at encouraging alternative forms of transportation:
- Transit bus service throughout campus and the City provided by the Harrisonburg Department of Public Transportation (HDPT).
- Vanpools for employees commuting to/from campus.
- Ridesharing programs (Zimride) enabling students and employees to connect to others on campus to share rides to work, home, or other destinations.
- Car sharing (Zipcar) for local and long distance travel using rental cars.
- Charter Buses for weekend and university break travel.
For specific questions, use our Contact page to submit a question or reach out to a member of the JMU Transportation team.