Concentrations: -

Major requirements and their VCCS equivalents (and RBC equivalents if applicable)

JMU Course: ECON 201

  • VCCS equivalents: ECO 202
  • RBC equivalents: ECON 202
  • NOTE:

JMU Course: COB 204

  • VCCS equivalents: See advising note #1
  • RBC equivalents: CSCI 202
  • NOTE:

JMU Course: COB 218

  • VCCS equivalents: BUS 241
  • RBC equivalents: No equivalent
  • NOTE: Only transfers from BRCC, DSLCC, LFCC, NVCC, PVCC & TCC

JMU Course: ACTG 244

  • VCCS equivalents: See advising note #2
  • RBC equivalents: See advising note #2
  • NOTE:

Advising Notes

Please Read: This major guide is a list of all possible major courses offered in the Virginia Community College System. Not all courses may be offered at your community college, and you are not required to complete all these courses in order to transfer. Rather, it’s designed to help you meet JMU major requirements before you transfer, and be better prepared to progress through the major once you arrive at JMU. Please be sure to read the advising notes for additional information on the major.
1. Transfer credit for COB 204:
Northern Virginia CC and Southside CC: ITE 100
New River CC: CSC 110
Blue Ridge CC, Lord Fairfax CC and Piedmont VA CC: ITE 120
2. There is no direct equivalent in the VCCS or at RBC, however if students complete both ACC 211 & 212 (VCCS) or BUS 201 & 202 (RBC), that will satisfy the ACTG 244 requirement.
3. SRM students also earn a minor in General Business. Differential tuition for College of Business majors/minors will take effect Fall 2014. Students will be charged an additional $50 per credit for all College of Business courses (with the exception of ECON 200). Click here for more information.

For more information:

Major Snapshot
Hart School of Hospitality, Sport and Recreation Management    
Hart School Academic Advising
Career Guide to JMU Majors: Sport and Recreation Management   
Advising guides by community college

Back to Top