The Training and Development Department supports the Madison mission and assists in job performance improvement by offering learning opportunities that enhance the knowledge, skills and talents of AP Faculty, Classified staff and Wage employees.
To be known by managers and supervisors as a professional development resource.
- We believe learning is a life-long process. The knowledge gained in each professional development endeavor is critical to achieving and maintaining excellence.
- We serve others. Our jobs exist because university employees need services. When we make decisions, it is primarily for their benefit, not our own or our convenience.
- We are deeply committed to integrity, doing the right thing, behaving honestly, and making sacrifices to act ethically.
- Relationships are what we’re all about. Therefore, terms such as respect, friendliness, emotional intelligence, caring, and truth telling are core parts of our job descriptions.
- We are leaders. We know that every minute of every day we are influencing someone. We love the fact that our jobs enable us to make a difference and we are committed to that ideal.
- We tell other people, and each other, the truth compassionately. We don’t avoid conflict and we are always sensitive to others in our truth telling.