October 11: Content Development and Design for Cascade and Beyond - "...And you'll also be creating the website" is a phrase that administrative assistants hear often. If this responsibility has been added to your plate - or you are just interested in learning about web content and design - this session will give you a background in the basics of web design theory and the psychology of how readers scan websites. You'll also learn how to structure web content, create the most effective graphics and write text that people will want to read.
October 17: Money Matters Conference - Geared toward JMU Faculty and Staff, Money Matters is an all-day event located in the Festival Conference and Student Center which allows you to participate in your choice of informational workshop sessions regarding retirement, identity theft, financial planning, health insurance, and budget management. This event is sponsored by the Benefits Team in Human Resources. Lunch will be provided, as well as morning and afternoon snacks.
- Sep 29: Communicating Non-Defensively (TD1037)
- Sep 29: What Every JMU Supervisor Needs to Know (TD2104)
- Sep 30: JMU Mail Service and Building & Department Keys Overview (TD1024)
- Oct 3: LGBTQ 101: Understanding Gender and Sexual Diversity (TD2056)
- Oct 4: Go Put Your Strengths to Work (TD1904)
- Oct 5: Estate Planning (TD1924)
- Oct 6: 10 Tips for Listening, Talking and Writing Effectively at Work(TD2058)
- Oct 6: What Every JMU Supervisor Needs to Know (TD2104)
- Oct 10: Understanding and Using the Grievance Procedure (TD1151)
- Oct 11: Content Development and Design for Cascade and Beyond (TD2150)
- More >