Request for Training Funds
James Madison University encourages and supports the professional development of its employees. Funds are available for AP Faculty, classified staff and wage employees, after their probationary period, for participation in job-related professional development opportunities as well as job-related training materials including the following:
|Certification Programs||Webinars||Training DVDs||Workbooks||Other Reading Materials|
JMU will not pay for workshops taken to meet minimum requirements of an employee's present job, for a certification that is part of a program of study that will qualify the employee for a new trade or business, or for travel and lodging expenses associated with the training. Additionally, Training Funds may not be used to pay for conference/event fees associated with presenting responsibilities. Training Funds may only be used to support job related employee learning activities. For more information concerning Training Funds, please see Policy 1403.
To Request Training Funds:
- Complete the Request for Training Funds form and PRINT OUT THE FORM
- SIGN the form and have your Supervisor sign the form
- MAIL the original document, with signatures, to the Talent Development Department via intercampus mail (MSC 5808) for approval
- Once reviewed by the Director of Talent Development, you will receive an email stating your futher instructions within 5-7 business days
- If the event has been attended, the participant(s) submits a Learning Summary and a copy of the receipt for the registration cost in order to receive the departmental reimbursement
- The fiscal technician for the department will receive a copy of the ATV once the reimbursement has been approved.