Leading with a Clear Purpose
Note: This series is capped at 16 participants.Categories: Leadership
and Organizational Development Level: IntermediateType: Single-Session Workshop
and part of an A La Carte SeriesTo maximize the collaborative learning, please review your calendar before registering to ensure you can attend the workshops.Certificate:
Participants will receive a certificate of completion if they attend all four workshops in the Developing Team Leaders Series
. Total Workshop Time:
No make-ups are scheduled for this workshop. Pre-requisites:
Individuals interested in learning how to lead effective teams through facilitative leadership.Workshop Description:
To lead with a clear purpose simply means to use goals as a motivator for teams. For goals to motivate people, they must be challenging, positive, and realistic. The team must have its own goals that support the larger organization’s goals. Some ways the team leader can ensure that the team has clear purpose are to lead the team in defining its mission, stating and publishing its goals, tracking progress toward those goals, revising the goals as needed, and holding results-oriented team meetings that propel the team toward completing its goals.
In this session participants will:
- Learn about leadership styles and when to use each style.
- Learn about the controlling leader cycle.
- Gain an understanding of what teams need.
- Gain an understanding of team roles.
- Learn about leadership values and practices.
- Learn about using mission, vision and value statements to guide team actions.
- Learn why it is important to establish team norms and how to establish them.
- Learn to leading results-oriented meetings using results-oriented objectives.
Judy Rannow Session Information:
Monday, September 10, 2012
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Part of the Developing Team Leaders series.
Register For Workshops Here