Active, Effective Boards and Committees
Note: This workshop is capped at 16 participants.
Categories: Administrative Skills, Organizational Development, Supervision/Management, Leadership, and Team Building
Type: Single-Session Workshop
Total Workshop Time: 3 Hours
Target Audience: Individuals interested in learning about how to lead active, effective boards and committees.
Workshop Description: How many boards and committees do you serve on or lead? Do you feel like they could be more productive? If so, this workshop will give you practical tips for increasing board and committee effectiveness.
In this workshop participants will:
- Generate a list and discuss what goes wrong with boards and committees.
- Discuss differences and purposes of boards and committees.
- Discuss board and committee responsibilities.
- Define effective board and committee size and member representation.
- Discuss board and committee structure and terms.
- Determine individual board and committee member roles.
- Learn what effective boards and committees need to increase performance.
- Develop recommendations for increasing board and committee effectiveness.
Presented by: Judy Rannow, Professional Development Specialist, Training and Development
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Register For Professional Development Workshops Here
Unavailable During the Times Offered?