Recognizing and Managing 5 Modes of Conflict
Note: This workshop is capped at 16 participants.Categories: Communication Level: IntermediateType: Single-Session WorkshopTotal Workshop Time:
No make-ups are scheduled for this workshop. Pre-requisites:
Individuals interested in learning about and practicing conflict resolution skills.Workshop Description:
We face conflict throughout our lives. On the positive side, conflict can help us solve problems, weight the strength of our arguments and motivate us to excel. On the negative side, conflicts that are allowed to escalate can rob our productivity and erode relationships. Learning to understand, identify and manage conflict effectively is the key to turning conflict into solution.
In this workshop participants will:
- Learn about five basic conflict modes.
- Assess and understand primary conflict modes using the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument.
- Learn how each conflict mode impacts the outcome of conflict.
- Identify circumstances when each conflict mode is best suited for achieving a satisfactory resolution.
- Learn strategies for managing conflict in each of the five conflict modes.
- Practice resolving conflict scenarios using conflict resolution skills and the five conflict modes.
Presented by: Kellie Dovel, Recruitment Specialist, Human Resources
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Register For Professional Development Workshops Here
Unavailable During the Times Offered?