7 Habits of Highly Effective People is starting on January 8th as an 8-part series every Thursday from 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM. This program emphasizes the principles underlying the basic habits of highly effective people and aims to help individuals across a wide range of self-development levels enhance their personal and interpersonal effectiveness.
As facilitation skills are becoming more necessary in today's work environment, join us for Teach with Style on January 16th, a workshop designed to give facilitators tools that will enhance their facilitation style.
For classified employees, Understanding Your Leave can be difficult. The workshop on January 21st will provide an overview of the different types of leave available to you.
WellGONomics is on January 28th from 9AM - 11AM and it focuses on Ergonomics, which is the study of the relationship between people and the objects and environments they interact with. Ergonomically incorrect work (and home) environments can cause an increase in injuries, aches, and pains. We will help you focus on how you move throughout the day and how to evaluate your activities, such as electronics use, sitting, standing, driving, and lifting. Learn how to improve your day (whistle while you work), so you feel fabulous and are able to enjoy your accomplishments. Whether you are at work or play, how you move matters!
- Dec 10: Grants and Foundation Accounts (TD1101)
- Dec 12: Book Club: "Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead" (TD1856)
- Jan 8: 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (TD1012)
- Jan 14: FMLA Review (TD1214)
- Jan 15: 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (TD1012)
- Jan 15: Procurement Overview: The ABC's of Purchasing at JMU (TD1104)
- Jan 16: Teach with Style (TD1836)
- Jan 16: Book Club: "Customer Satisfaction is Worthless..." (TD1960)