July 8: Leading at the Speed of Trust -Who do you trust and who trusts you? The skill that separates managers from leaders is the ability to extend Smart Trust. Leading at the Speed of Trust raises trust from an often-ignored asset or liability to a strategic economic driver. Doing business at the Speed of Trust dramatically lowers costs, speeds up results, and increases profits.
July 13: Delegation and Feedback - Delegating responsibility involves trust, authority and effective communication. Delegating a task and providing feedback without micro-managing can be a delicate balancing act.
July 16: "Don't Look at Me in that Tone of Voice!" - I am happy to help with that project”, I say as I bite my lip and rub my neck. Which do you believe - my words or my actions? Research has shown time and time again that 50 to 70 percent of our communication comes from non-verbal cues - body language. We rely heavily on these subtle – and not so subtle – ways of communicating how we truly feel. We use clichés such as “it’s not what you said, it’s how you said it” and “actions speak louder than words” because, when receiving conflicting messages, we almost always choose what a person does over what a person says. In this class, we will discuss many of the ways in which we communicate non-verbally, so that we can use these signs and signals to communicate more effectively.
- Jul 8: Performance Management Information (TD1181)
- Jul 8: Leading at the Speed of Trust (TD1484)
- Jul 9: Event Planning at JMU: Everyone Can Benefit (TD1006)
- Jul 10: Taking Care of the Office Caregiver...YOU! (TD1841)
- Jul 13: Delegation and Feedback (TD1295)
- Jul 14: StrengthsFinder 2.0 (TD1695)
- Jul 15: Leading at the Speed of Trust (TD1484)
- Jul 16: "Don't Look at Me in that Tone of Voice!" (TD1709)
- More >