Programs and Events:
Wilson Hall - The JMU Centerpiece
The dedication of Wilson Hall in May 1931 gave the State Teachers Colleges its first permanent auditorium and administration building.
On a clear day, from the cupola it was possible to see Staunton, the birthplace of President Woodrow Wilson, the building's namesake. In addition to housing the president's office, Wilson Hall provided space for classrooms and the campus post office. By the late 1930s, a recording and broadcasting studio was housed in the basement and campus organizations moved in upstairs. In the late 1960s Wilson provided room for a men's lounge. Always changing, Wilson Hall housed the art department for many years and today contains student-related administrative offices.