Information for Notetaking Recipients
Throughout the exchange process, it is important to maintain anonymity between the volunteer and the student. Unless the volunteer chooses to share their name with the class, please respect the volunteer’s desire to remain anonymous. Do not share the notes with other students in the class unless you are instructed by our office and your professor to do so. If you are unsatisfied with the quality of notes, please contact the Notetaking and Accommodations Assistant at email@example.com.
The Volunteer Notetaker will upload the notes for each lecture to Sharepoint no later than 5:00 p.m. the next day after class. Students may retrieve the notes after this time by the following steps:
- Login into Sharepoint using your JMU email address and password.
- Click “Sites”
- Click "ODS Notetaking"
- The link will not be there if you haven't followed our page yet. Please check your email for the link.
- Click “Note Pick Up”
- Click the folder for your class
- Click your name
- Click on the “…” (ellipses)
- Click on the rectangle with several lines underneath the preview pane.
- Click “Download a Copy”
- The file will automatically download onto your computer.
Carbonless Notebook Exchange
If the Volunteer Note Taker has chosen to record notes using a carbonless notebook, they will bring the copies from each class to the Office of Disability Services (ODS) no later than 5:00 p.m. the next business day. The Notetaking and Accommodations Assistant will scan and upload the notes to Sharepoint. Please follow the instructions above for picking up the notes.