Information for Notetaking Recipients
Throughout the exchange process, it is important to maintain anonymity between the volunteer and the student. Unless the volunteer chooses to share their name with the class, please respect the volunteer’s desire to remain anonymous. Do not share the notes with other students in the class unless you are instructed by our office and your professor to do so. If you are unsatisfied with the quality of notes, please contact the Notetaking and Accommodations Assistant at email@example.com.
The Volunteer Notetaker will upload the notes for each lecture to Sharepoint no later than 5:00 p.m. the next day after class. Please follow these steps when setting up your Sharepoint account for the first time:
- Open the email from Microsoft Online
- Click on your class' name (i.e. GPSYC 160)
- Login into Sharepoint using your Dukes email address and password
- Click "Organizational Account"
- Sharepoint should then be working on setting up your account (this can take several minutes)
- Once you're set up, you should be in the folder where you upload your notes. Please bookmark this URL and flag the Microsoft Online email.
To download notes, please follow the following steps.
- Find your bookmarked Sharepoint URL and open it
- This will take you to your class' folder
- If you can't find your bookmark, find the flagged Microsoft Online email with the link.
- Click the folder with your name
- Click on the “…” (ellipses)
- Click on the rectangle with several lines underneath the preview pane.
- Click “Download a Copy”
- The file will automatically download onto your computer.
Carbonless Notebook Exchange
If the Volunteer Note Taker has chosen to record notes using a carbonless notebook, they will bring the copies from each class to the Office of Disability Services (ODS) no later than 5:00 p.m. the next business day. The Notetaking and Accommodations Assistant will scan and upload the notes to Sharepoint. Please follow the instructions above for picking up the notes.