Fun Springtime Suggestions
Get Active With Friends!
Now that the weather is starting to warm up and spring is here, try doing some fun outdoor things with friends as an alternative to watching tv all day:
Shenandoah National Park offers an activity to add to your " must do before you graduate" list: Visit the many hiking trails along skyline drive. Take in the beautiful view and get your fill of fresh air for only $10 per vehicle. So pile in with friends and spend a day being active.
Go canoeing or swimming in the Shenandoah River with a big group, take in a round of miniature golf, or show your driving prowess on the go kart track. They also have an indoor waterpark for the colder days.
Well technically almost every day can be Quad Day. When it’s warm, everyone comes out of hiding and hangs out on the quad! Bring a book, sunglasses, music, friends, or a football. Just relax in the sun while doing whatever makes you happy!
Upcoming Events at JMU
- March 9: John C Wells Planetarium Show, 2:30 p.m. 3:30 p.m. & 4:30 p.m., Miller Hall
- March 11: First Lady’s Ice Cream Social, 11-1:00 p.m., area between D-Hall and Carrier, Enjoy free ice-cream!
- March 15: Inauguration Purple Out!
- March 21: Dive-In Movie, 9-11:00 p.m., UREC, Bring suit and towel for a dive-in movie while sitting in a float with friends!
- March 27: Birding Workshop, 12-1:30 p.m., Arboretum, come learn more about local birds
- April 7: Campus Cookies Easter Egg Hunt, 1-4:00 p.m., Arboretum, JMU students search for hidden Easter eggs