The Department of Kinesiology is dedicated to the development of future leaders in professions that maximize the potential of individuals and society through physical activity. Programs in the Department include: Exercise Science and Leadership, Sport and Recreation Management, and Physical & Health Education Teacher Education.
The department is committed to providing:
- Outstanding undergraduate programs based on the criteria of relevant professional associations, which will enable graduates success in their professional endeavors.
- Programs that build upon the strong liberal studies background provided through General Education.
- Opportunities that challenge students to think critically, use technological advances effectively and appreciate the global community.
- Quality graduate programs that complement the undergraduate programs, and provide qualified students with an opportunity for advanced study in the disciplines of kinesiology and recreation.
- Contributions to the university's general education curriculum through programs designed to promote lifelong fitness and wellness.
- Service to JMU, the professions and local community through our unique knowledge and expertise.
- Research and development projects that push back the boundaries of knowledge and promote effective practice in the kinesiology and recreation disciplines.
- May 12 – August 15
JMU Summer Hours
Offices are open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and on Friday from 8:00 a.m. - Noon
- May 20
Richmond, VA: Alumni Networking Event