The Department of Kinesiology is dedicated to the development of future leaders in professions that maximize the potential of individuals and society through physical activity. Programs in the Department include: Exercise Science and Leadership, Sport and Recreation Management, and Physical & Health Education Teacher Education.
The department is committed to providing:
- Outstanding undergraduate programs based on the criteria of relevant professional associations, which will enable graduates success in their professional endeavors.
- Programs that build upon the strong liberal studies background provided through General Education.
- Opportunities that challenge students to think critically, use technological advances effectively and appreciate the global community.
- Quality graduate programs that complement the undergraduate programs, and provide qualified students with an opportunity for advanced study in the disciplines of kinesiology and recreation.
- Contributions to the university's general education curriculum through programs designed to promote lifelong fitness and wellness.
- Service to JMU, the professions and local community through our unique knowledge and expertise.
- Research and development projects that push back the boundaries of knowledge and promote effective practice in the kinesiology and recreation disciplines.
- January 11
Classes meet as scheduled
- January 18, Monday
Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday. Classes do not meet.
- March 7-11
Spring Break. Classes do not meet.
- May 5-7