Skip to Main Content
You are in the main content

F-1 Visa

The F-1 visa is a student visa. However, most F-1 visa international students are eligible for one year of practical training after graduation from their program of study. This means that applicants for faculty positions who have just completed their PhD programs will likely have one year of employment authorization available to them during which the process for an H1-B visa can be begun.