Women's Health Clinic
Log-in to MyJMUHealth to make an appointment.
The Women's Health Clinic offers:
- Pelvic exam and pap smear
- Contraception advice and prescriptions
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing and treatment
- Care for menstrual concerns (cramps, irregular bleeding, PMS, other related problems)
- Pregnancy testing and referrals
- Breast health assessment
- Evaluation and treatment for other common women's health issues such as:
- Vaginal infections (with or without urinary tract symptoms)
- Available over-the-counter in the UHC Pharmacy
- Frequently asked questions
- Not sure if emergency contraception is needed? This guide can help.
Missed a birth control pill? Upset stomach after taking a birth control pill? Spotting between menstrual cycles?
Bedsider.org has answers these questions and more!
Location and entrances
The University Health Center is located in the Student Success Center at 724 South Mason Street at the corner of Mason Street and Martin Luther King, Jr. Way. Please check-in 15 minutes prior to your appointment.
General Medicine entrance - located on the second floor of the Student Success Center, services include:
- General Medicine appointments for routine and preventative care
- Allergy Clinic
- International Travel Clinic
- STD/STI Testing
- Women's Health Clinic
Urgent Care entrance - external entrance at the corner of Mason Street and Martin Luther King, Jr. Way, services include:
- Urgent Care
- Lab Services
- Nutrition Services
- Sentara RMH Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
- Sentara RMH X-Ray Services
Parking, drop-off circle, bus stops and bike racks
Students visiting the Health Center are eligible to receive a code for free parking in the Pay-By-Space area on the ground floor of the Grace Street Parking Deck. To obtain the code, call 540-568-6178 when you have a health center appointment. Students may also park in other nearby lots in accordance with normal parking regulations.
Bus stop locations near the Health Center include Miller Hall, the Student Success Center, and the intersection of Mason Street and Martin Luther King, Jr. Way.
A drop-off circle is located in front of the Health Center entrance, accessible from Mason Street; vehicles may not be left unattended in the drop-off circle.
Bike racks are located at the Urgent Care entrance and both Student Success Center entrances.
What to bring
- List of medicines you are currently taking
The UHC currently does not accept any insurance as a form of payment. If there is a charge for any service rendered, the student is responsible for payment at the time of service.
Fees for your visit
There is no fee to see a UHC provider. Services such as lab tests, vaccines, allergy injections, and international travel consultations do have fees. Late arrival to appointment, no-show, or less than one-hour cancellation notice will be subject to a fee. Here is a list of all our services that include a fee.
- Check (made payable to JMU)
- Declining balance on JACard (usually referred to as FLEX)
- Discover, MasterCard, or Visa credit card in your name
- Flexible Spending Account Cards (health flex benefits card)
- Android Pay
- Apple Pay
The University Health Center strives to make its programs and services as accessible and inclusive as possible. Please let a staff member know if accommodations are needed or if the University Health Center is difficult to access for any reason.