Women's Health Clinic
Call 540-568-6178 to schedule an appointment or to have a nurse call you back
The University Health Center's women's health clinic offers:
- Pelvic exam and pap smear
- Contraception advice and prescriptions
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing and treatment
- Care for menstrual concerns (cramps, irregular bleeding, PMS, other related problems)
- Pregnancy testing and referrals
- Breast health assessment
- Evaluation and treatment for other common women's health issues such as:
- Vaginal infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Emergency contraception
Where to go
The University Health Center is located in the Student Success Center at 724 South Mason Street. There is a bike rack and a drop off circle drive at the walk-in clinic entrance, bus stops at the Student Success Center, Miller Hall, and the corner of Mason Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Way, and patients can call 540-568-6178 for a parking code in the pay-by-space level (lower, second entrance) of the Grace Street Parking Deck. Please check-in 15 minutes prior to your appointment at the second floor entrance of the University Health Center, located inside the Student Success Center.
What to bring
- List of medicines you are currently taking
The UHC currently does not accept any insurance as a form of payment. If there is a charge for any service rendered, the student is responsible for payment at the time of service.
Fees for your visit
There is no fee for simply visiting the clinic. However, if you receive a lab test or a vaccine, or are late to your appointment, there will be a fee. Here is a list of all our services that include a fee.
- Check (made payable to JMU)
- FLEX (bring JACard)
- MasterCard or Visa credit card in your name