Office of Development
2002 Alumni Dr.
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
Fundraising Assistance for JMU Departments
The Office of Development welcomes the opportunity to provide assistance to JMU departments in their fundraising efforts. Please contact us to learn more about:
- To request gift cards for your department events or activities, please fill out this request form. Please allow two weeks for processing.
- Finding a list of foundations and corporations that support universities
- Contacting a corporation or foundation about funding - including Request for Proposals (RFPs), applying to corporate giving programs, or any funding that requires James Madison University to raise matching funds
- Raising money for recognized student organizations
- Raising money for a special purpose, such as a new building, facility renovation, or specific endowment
Important note on contacting outside organizations
Contacting the Office of Development BEFORE contacting a corporation or foundation can help avoid potentially awkward situations. It's difficult to explain to a potential donor why JMU has submitted multiple proposals when only one is permitted, or why several people have called to ask the same questions of the same program officer.
Let us know your interests and needs by emailing Cannie Campbell or calling her at 540-568-4121 in the Office of Corporate and Foundation Giving. We can tell you if there is current activity with an organization and whether it will accept multiple requests.