Mon -Thu: 8:00am -9:00 pm
Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
(when classes are in session)
Exceptions for the year
Secureweb is a service provided to the JMU community by IT for the purposes of publishing web pages that require encryption for the transmission of sensitive data, or for publishing to a restricted audience that must authenticate before viewing the pages.
- If you are publishing pages you have one userid per site for FTPing files to the server. Your userid will be the userid-deptname. If you are publishing for several departments you will have a separate userid for each department. The passwords for your multiple userids are likely the same unless you specifically chose to maintain them separately at the time you applied for the account.Your electronic ID and chosen password is your e-ID-sitename (doggdx-computing) at the time you applied for access.
(Note: FTP access for file transfer is NOT allowed from off-campus)
- When FTPing files you will automatically be placed in the appropriate directory for the pages. You may create files and/or subdirectories within that directory as you like. You will not be able to change directory outside of your "tree." Therefore, you must login using each different userid or you will not be in the proper directory.
- Files that you place in the directory should automatically be set with the proper permissions for your web browser to be able view them.
- By default an ".htaccess" file will be placed in your directory that restrict viewing to anyone with valid JMU electronic userid/password. The file may be modified to restrict to only certain users, certain network subnets, etc. If this file is removed or renamed, anyone in the world can see the files (which is only appropriate if your purpose is encryption of sensitive data from anyone in the world). Some examples are in the file so you can see some of the options.
- If you forget your password: