Information for Marketing Majors
Our mission is to prepare students for entry-level career positions by developing specialized skills inthe management of customer relationships through the creation, communication, and delivery of value to customers. To help you succeed as a marketing major at JMU, explore the following links:
1. Marketing Major Requirements to earn the BBA Degree
2. Marketing Concentrations - marketing majors must declare one of the following concentrations:
a. General Marketing Concentration
b. Sales and Business Marketing Concentration
c. Marketing Information Systems Concentration
4. Independent Study in Marketing (MKTG 490)
Other resources of interest to our marketing majors:
- Department Head for Marketing, Dr. Andy Wood, (firstname.lastname@example.org), 540-568-2332.
- Marketing Academic Advisor, Ms. Tammy Mendyk, (email@example.com), ZSH 205, 540-568-8781.
Academic Services Center
Information about about CoB academic policies, procedures, and advising.
Office of the Registrar
Important dates, graduation requirements, catalog, forms, and other student services.
Career and Academic Planning
Mr. Chad Gensel (firstname.lastname@example.org) helps students decide on majors, employ job search strategies, prepare resumes, and practice interviewing skills. Visit Chad in room 219 of Showker Hall on Thursdays from 2:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m., or throughout the week in room 301 of Wilson Hall. To schedule an appointment in Showker please use the sign-up sheet outside room 219, and to schedule an appointment in Wilson please call 540-568-6555 or use Recruit-A-Duke.