How to create customized footers in Cascade:
Use this tutorial by scrolling through the steps or clicking images or both.
- Here is the "generic" footer seen at the bottom of some pages:
- Click on the Block chooser (Block icon) in Cascade Server near the JMU logo in the footer. Notice that the FOOTER_JMU region of the footer has a Block called Directory Department wired to it.
Click the link to see the Block in more detail.
The Directory Department Block is what is used for the generic footer:
- How is a customized footer obtained? First, set up a building for the department if one does not already exist (the building will be in /directory/buildings in Cascade if it exists). Go to New, then Administration, and select Location (Note: The screen you see may look different than the one depicted below):
- Fill out the information in the form that comes up as shown below and click Submit. This will be the building you choose when you create a department (or when you update a department).
- Next, you need a department. If you already have a department set up in Cascade, you have to ensure it is wired to the page's FOOTER_JMU region. To change this region, edit the page, click Configurations and click on the Block chooser (Block icon) next to FOOTER_JMU. Do this also for the FOOTER_CONTACT_BTN region if a specific departmental e-mail address is specified in the department (as opposed to the generic firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If a department does not yet exist, then create one by going to New, Content, Directory Department:
- Fill out the information in the form as shown below, changing the name from Directory Department to the name of your department.
- Also choose the building that was created earlier if it did not already exist in Cascade. Then, click Submit.
- Admissions, for example, would look like the picture below. Notice that the building SONH either existed or was created per the earlier steps and selected for this department. The footer address is customized when this Block is assigned to the FOOTER_JMU region of the page. Also take notice of the customized departmental e-mail address that will be used if the department Block is assigned to the FOOTER_CONTACT_BTN region of the page.
- Finally, wire the departmental Block to the appropriate region in the page. Click here for help with that step.