A-to-Z Index

Health Services Administration (B.S.)

Enlarge Font


Major requirements and their VCCS equivalents (and RBC equivalents if applicable)

Note: The word "and" between VCCS course numbers indicates JMU credit will be awarded only for completion of the VCCS sequence.

JMU CourseVCCS CourseRBC CourseNotes
COB 204See advising note #3 for equivalentsComputer 202-
COB 218BUS 241No equivalentOnly at BRCC, DLSCC, NVCC, LFCC, and PVCC
ACTG 244See advising note #4See advising note #4-
ECON 201ECO 202Economics 202-
MATH 220MTH 146 or MTH 157 or MTH 240 or MTH 241 and 242Mathematics 217-

Advising Notes:

Please Read: This major guide is a list of all possible major courses offered in the Virginia Community College System. Not all courses may be offered at your community college, and you are not required to complete all these courses in order to transfer. Rather, itís designed to help you meet JMU major requirements before you transfer, and be better prepared to progress through the major once you arrive at JMU. Please be sure to read the advising notes for additional information on the major.

1. Students are required to complete at least 25 hours of volunteer or paid work in the field. This can be done prior to transferring, but you must provide the department with documentation of your work.
2. HSA majors also earn a general business minor as part of their program.
3. Transfer credit for COB 204:
Northern Virginia CC, Southside CC, Thomas Nelson CC and J. Sargeant Reynolds CC: ITE 100
New River CC: CSC 110
Blue Ridge CC, Lord Fairfax and Piedmont VA CC: ITE 120
4. There is no direct equivalent in the VCCS or at RBC, however if students complete both ACC 211 & 212 (VCCS) or Business 201 & 202 (RBC), that will satisfy the ACTG 244 requirement.

For more information:

Major Snapshot
Health Services Administration

JMU Major Guides for Virginia Community College Students