James Madison University Collaborative Learning Club (CLC)
JMU’s CLC is only available for students that participated in the 2011 Summer Bridge Program. The JMU CLC will be a 15 week 1 credit course – ISAT 180 BTV Success. The class will meet once weekly for 50 minutes and students will be pre-registered for the class.
This course is designed to assist students in their transition to college. Each class will include a variety of different interactive group activities related to the topic of the day that will encourage students to consider strategies to enhance their first year experience.
At the end of the class, student will be able to:
- Identify differences between college and high school
- Locate and utilize available resources to support their learning
- Recognize how their personal attributes impact their learning styles, their interactions with their instructors’ teaching style, and working with advisors
- Identify and apply concepts for improving time and management issues
- Apply techniques to improve learning skills including active listening, minimizing exam anxiety, and increasing student involvement in campus activities and organizations
- Identify variables which influence the career decision process
Method of Evaluating Student Achievement:
Students will receive a P/F grade based on a variety of criteria such as class participation, assigned journal entries, online assessments, & assigned readings. A passing grade requires 80% of all possible points, with at least 50% participation in each area.
Summer Bridge 2013
June 23 – July 12
Megan Cullip ('15) credits the Summer Bridge Program
Megan Cullip had her first taste of science and mathematics courses at Bridgewater College before she ever set foot on campus as a freshman. Read More