Progression through the MajorPlease keep the following requirements in mind as you select courses to progress through the justice studies major. Students should expect to take at least 4-5 semesters to finish the major. We offer very little in the summer so students should not expect to use summer school to reduce this time schedule.
- JUST 200 is a prerequisite for all JUST courses.
- JUST 200 may NOT be taken during the same semester as any other JUST designated course.
- You may enroll in a 200 level JUST foundation course(s) for the following semester while you are enrolled in JUST 200.
- JUST 200 and a track foundation course are requirements for all 300 level courses.
- All majors must complete 6 elective courses designation for their track. Only two of these electives may be non-JUST designated courses.
JUST 100 Proseminar (1 Credit)
JUST 200 Introduction to Justice Studies (3)
JUST 399 Justice Research Methods (3)
JUST 300 Perspectives on Comparative Justice Systems (3)
JUST 400 Senior Seminars in Justice Studies (3)
Choose one of the following (which is not required for your track): 3
JUST 210. Introduction to Crime and Criminal Justice
JUST 212. Theories of Crime and Criminal Justice
JUST 221. Social Justice Theories
JUST 223. Social Justice Interventions and Policies
JUST 235. Justice in the Global Community
TOTAL 17 Credits