From: Event Management
University schedulers representing University Unions and Athletic facilities will accept ‘Pre-Select’ event requests for Fall 2012 – Spring 2013 (August 12, 2012 – May 4, 2013) beginning January 23, 2012.
‘PRE-SELECT’ Events are: Select events that annually reoccur on the same date/time (adjusted to the same day of week in the new calendar year), and in the same space as reserved in the previous year.
‘SELECT’ Requests Begin February 20, 2012 – (first come, first served)
Please note – select events are:
• Events that are critical to the overall University mission
• Events that support the designated mission of a facility (i.e. athletics in athletics facility, classes in classroom buildings)
• Events that require a specific date dictated by the University academic calendar or a National, State or religious holiday/observances
• Programs that meet one or more of the following criteria:
o Attendance of 150 or more people
o A full service meal for 75 or more people
o Require 3 or more spaces in the same facility at the same time
To make event requests, go to: www.jmu.edu/events
• In the Event updates section in the lower middle of your screen, click on the Pre-Select Event Request Form.
• Complete the form and submit to the appropriate scheduler listed at the top of the request form.
• Please note that reservations are not definite until you receive a confirmation from the reserving office.
If you have questions, please contact one of the schedulers listed below.
Madison Union Facilities (Warren, Taylor, Grafton), Debbie Miller, 568-6330
Festival Conference & Student Center, Debbie Kauffman, 568-1716