2014 conference Schedule
Friday, March 28
6:15 p.m. Check-in & Dinner [Festival Grandballroom]
7:30 p.m. Official Welcome [Festival Grandballroom]
7:45 p.m. Keynote Speech: “Share your story. Lead with Passion” [Festival Grandballroom]
8:30 p.m. Group Activities [Festival- Grandballroom & Highlands]
Saturday, March 29
8:45 a.m. Breakfast [Festival Grandballroom]
9:30 a.m. Family Time [Festival- Grandballroom]
10:15 a.m. Session 1 [Breakout rooms]
11:30 a.m. Session 2 [Breakout rooms]
12:30 p.m. Lunch [Festival- Grandballroom Foyer]
1:15 p.m. Dream Circle [Festival- Grandballroom]
3:45 p.m. Break [Festival- Highlands Foyer]
4:00 p.m. Family Time [Breakout rooms]
5:00 p.m. It’s show time! [Festival- Highlands]
5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Personal Time
6:15 p.m. Special Cocktail Hour & Dinner [Festival- Grandballroom Foyer]
8:30 p.m. Dance Party with DJ Darrelle [Festival- Grandballroom]
What to expect?
While the conference will take place on March 28 & 29, the detailed schedule is not yet available, however...
- Plan to attend both the Friday and Saturday portions of the conference considering that the Saturday sessions will be closely tied with Friday night activities.
- You may want to go directly to the Best Western hotel directly and check-in to your room(s) first. The hotel is located very close to the conference location
- Arrive at the conference center by 6pm. Your group will need to report to the registration desk. Come prepared to have dinner, then enjoy creative activities with students from around the world, led by our moderator, Salorne McDonald.
- Arrive by 8:30am to enjoy breakfast. Group activities will then take place.
- We will be relying on volunteers to provide informative workshops during the different sessions offered on Saturday. If you would like to present a workshop please complete a workshop proposal today! A workshop could be a formal presentation an experiential learning activity, a panel focus on an aspect of leadership and/or even being an "international student." Some previous ISLC workshops have covered a wide array of issues: X-Cultural Communication, Women in leadership positions, the importance of relaxation, Tools for being an effective student org. exec. member. Think of the skills, experiences, perspectives that you have to bring and offer to others and present them in a creative and interactional way. Remember that the more interactive the workshop is the better.
- We will allocate over an hour between the last session of the day and our dinner followed by a dance party. You may take this time to rest and change or to take part in outdoor activities. Plan accordingly and bring a change of clothes if need be since we are hoping that individuals will dress to impress (traditional clothing encouraged) to mark the end of the conference on a special note.