2016 Conference Schedule Preview:
While the conference will take place on April 1 & 2 2016, the detailed schedule is not yet available, however you can ...
- Plan to attend both the Friday and Saturday portions of the conference considering that the Saturday sessions will be closely tied with Friday night activities.
Friday Night (April 1st)
- You may want to go directly to the Best Western hotel or the Holiday Inn directly and check-in to your room(s) first. Either hotel is located very close to the conference location (5 minutes [driving distance] away)
- Arrive at the conference location by 6pm. Your group will need to report to the registration desk. Come prepared to have dinner, then enjoy activities with students from around the world, led by our moderator, Salorne McDonald.
Saturday (April 2nd)
- Arrive by 8:30am to enjoy breakfast. Group activities will then take place.
- We will be relying on volunteers to provide informative sessions during the different session times offered on Saturday. If you would like to present a session please complete a session proposal today! A session could be a formal presentation, an experiential learning activity, a panel which focuses on an aspect of leadership and/or being an "international student." Some previous ISLC sessions have covered a wide array of issues: X-Cultural Communication, Women in leadership positions, the importance of relaxation, Tools for being an effective student org. exec. member. Think of the skills, experiences, perspectives that you have to bring and offer to others and present them in a creative and interactional way. Remember that the more interactive the workshop is the better.
- We will allocate over an hour between the last session of the day and our dinner followed by a dance party. You may take this time to rest and change or to take part in outdoor activities. Plan accordingly and bring a change of clothes if need be since we are hoping that individuals will dress to impress (traditional clothing encouraged) to mark the end of the conference on a special note.
2015 Conference Schedule
Friday, March 27 - [Festival Grandballroom]
6:15 p.m. Check-in & Dinner
7:15 p.m. Welcome to ISLC 2015- Are you ready? ISLC Moderator, Salorne McDonald, definitely is.
8 p.m. Ethical Decisions- An ethical leader relies on others to obtain different perspectives and solutions
9:30 p.m. Break- Take a mental break, have a snack and reach out to someone you have not met yet.
9:35 p.m. Group Activities- Does your team have what it takes to compete against others in a series of activities?
Saturday, March 28 - [Festival]
8:45 a.m. Breakfast - Good morning!
9:30 a.m. Keynote Address - Are you ready to "Do Cool Sh*t?" Our keynote speaker, Miki Agrawal, will tell you how. [Festival- Highlands]
11 a.m. Family Time - Reflect over what you heard and learned with your family.
12:30 p.m. It's not enough to feed your soul. Refuel your body with food.
1:15 p.m. Session I
2:45 p.m. Break- Take a mental break, have a snack and reach out to someone you have not met yet.
3 p.m. Session II
4:15 p.m. Break- Take this opportunity to go back to your hotel to relax, and change.
6:15 p.m. "Happy Hour" and Dinner Time - Dress to impress! [Festival- Highlands]
8:30 p.m. Dance Party with DJ Darrelle