Forms and Deadlines
Completed forms may be submitted anytime in advance of the due dates shown below.
Return to Lauren Franson (email@example.com)
|August 1, 2014|
|September 12, 2014|
|September 19, 2014|
|September 24, 2014|
|October 1, 2014|
||March 20, 2015|
|April 1, 2015|
Proposals received after August 1, 2014 will be considered for Summer 2016.
Resources, Reminders, and Advice
- Programs Offered for the First Time: Assistance in developing program proposals is available from the oIP staff. Draft proposals are welcome, and the Director of Study Abroad will provide feedback and suggestions, especially in regard to logistics, academic requirements, etc.
- Programs Offered Annually or Biannually: Faculty who direct programs regularly or who have directed programs in the past are required to submit all materials from the list above each year. Programs may change in content from year to year, therefore, factors such as costs, locations, size of student group, etc. cannot be assumed to be the same as the year before. Please read for updates to oIP, financial, and university policies. All courses will be confirmed by the department chairs prior to final approval by OIP.
- College Policies on Course and Program Development: Please refer to the links below for college documentation:
- Link to oIP Short-term Programs
- Student Application Procedures
- Student application deadline is November 1, 2014. After this deadline, applications are accepted and processed on a rolling basis until March 1, 2015, or until program is full, whichever comes first.
- No admissions after March 1, 2015.
- Transfer students will be assessed using their transcript from their previous college/university (we use this process for non-JMU students).
- Freshman applying for Summer 2015 will be notified in January after Fall 2014 grades are posted.
- NAFSA Guidelines: Responsible Study Abroad: Good Practices for Health & Safety
- Foreign currency exchange converter
- Student application site