- Approved Courses
- IdLS Checklist
- IdLS Core requirements
- Citizenship and Public Policy, Track one
- Race, Ethnicity, Gender and Class, Track two
- The Americas, Track three
- Europe, Track four
- Asia, Africa and the Middle East, Track five
- Ethics, Values and Spirituality, Track six
- Special Education Track, Track seven (Special Education Only)
- Middle School Education Concentration Options
- Contact information
- IdLS Study Abroad Programs
- Hopscotch (Student project)
- For faculty
- For IdLS Majors
IdLS at the University of Cambridge
Cambridge Summer Program
The University of Cambridge is situated in a stunningly beautiful town on the River Cam, and has provided university instruction for 800 years. Cambridge has become a leading world-class institution and a center of international learning. Cambridge enrolls ~19,000 students, ~12,000 of whom are undergraduates.
For detailed information about studying at Cambridge during the summer, visit the Cambridge website at http://www.ice.cam.ac.uk/courses/summer-schools/about-the-summer-schools
A two-week course will provide 3 JMU credits, and a four-week course will provide 6 JMU credits. JMU students will work with Dr. Linder to arrange for appropriate JMU credit.
Fees vary by program, and includes tuition, room, and two meals per day. See http://www.ice.cam.ac.uk/courses/summer-schools/how-to-apply/fees
Last year's application deadline was late spring, and it varied by program. If you're interested in studying in Cambridge this upcoming summer, you should meet with Dr. Linder in January to talk seriously about the application and coursework. The upcoming summer's courses should be posted by December, so be sure to keep an eye open for that posting.