Student Health Insurance
|Dental Enroll Form|
The 2013-2014 Student Health Insurance Plan is Affordable Care Act compliant and includes:
- Ability to use the University Health Center for most of your medical needs
- Essential benefit coverage up to $500,000 plan year maximum
- Most preventive benefits are covered at 100% with no deductible, no co-pay, including immunizations (Complete list of preventive benefits)
- Prescriptions (including birth control) up to the $500,000 plan year maximum
- Dental benefits are available for an additional cost
More information available at www.ahpcare.com/jmu or by calling 855-247-2273
The Health Insurance policy:
- Can be purchased throughout the academic school year
- Administered by Academic HealthPlans
- Underwritten by UnitedHealthcare StudentResources
- All claims for reimbursement are managed by UnitedHealthcare StudentResources
The Dental Insurance policy:
- Available for purchase through September 15th each year
- Can only be purchased in conjunction with a Health Insurance policy
- Separate policy with Delta Dental
Who can enroll?
- Undergraduate students enrolled in six (6) or more credit hours
- Undergraduate students enrolled during the summer in three (3) or more credit hours
- Graduate students enrolled in three (3) or more credit hours
How do I enroll?
When do I enroll?
Enrolled students can complete the application for insurance coverage at any time for the various coverage periods.
When is the effective date of coverage?
The effective date of coverage begins:
- The date the premium is received by the company or its authorized representative
- Or on the effective date of the coverage period, whichever is later
The University Health Center currently does not accept any insurance as a form of payment, however it is a participating provider for the Student Health Insurance Plan. If there is a charge for any service rendered, the student is responsible for payment at the time of service.
Send any University Health Center receipts to UnitedHealthcare StudentResources for reimbursement.
PO Box 809025
Dallas, TX 75380-9025
Make sure the following information in included:
- Date of birth
Insured Student Information:
- Social Security Number
- Name of school student attends
File claims within 30 days of injury or first treatment for a sickness. Bills should be received by the company within 90 days of service. Bills submitted after one year will not be considered for payment except in the absence of legal capacity.