Cover Photo Image

JMU welcomes a wide variety of international faculty, staff and research scholars to campus each year.  Some come for a short-term research assignment while on sabbatical from home institutions, some take jobs as adjunct faculty for a period of time, some serve as research scholars with a department for an extended period of time, and still others accept full-time and tenure-track positions but need to remain on temporary visas while their green card application is pending. 

ISSS assists all international faculty, staff and research scholars with visa acquisition, advising both the incoming scholar and the hiring/collaborating department on what type of visa is more appropriate for the individual and the position.  If you have visa or immigration questions about your employment or research at JMU please check out the information on this web site and/or contact Delo Blough at to schedule an appointment.  

Back to Top